UAB ,,Vaitometa” was founded September 11, 2008.
From the very beginning the main project of the company has been the organisation of work in “Baltic Shipbuilding”. “Vaitometa” handles ship block sanding, painting in chambers and finishing superstructure paint jobs at the quay. In 2010 “Vaitometa” employed 45 people, 2/3 of which were highly-qualified specialists in painting and sanding.
In the same year, the company acquired the equipment for metallisation and participated in the construction of the Norwegian-ordered ship “KRISTIANA”. During the assembly of the vessel, which was merged from four pieces, the company took part in the metallisation of the ship’s deck and finished the paint job.
After “Baltic Shipbuilding” was purchased by BLRT group it was renamed to “Western Shipyard” (https://wsy.lt/en/about-us/) . In 2011 “Vaitmeta” signed a contract with “Baltic Premator Klaipeda” and continues its successful activities in the Port of Klaipeda’s shipyard to this day.
We guarantee the quality of works by acquired quality standards:
- LST EN 22063 Metallic and other inorganic coatings – Zinc, aluminum and their alloys; The same – ISO 22063.
- LST 5493 Protective coatings for iron and steel structures. Manufacture, transport, storage and installation.
- DIN 8566 parts 1 and 2 on thermal spraying.
- ISO 1463 Metallic and metal oxide coatings – Measurement of coating thickness – Microscopic method.
- ISO 2064 Metallic and other inorganic coatings – Definitions and symbols.
- ISO 2176 Non – magnetic coatings on magnetic surfaces – Measurement of coating thickness – Magnetic method.
- ISO 4624 Paints and varnishes – Test of strength and adhesion of coatings.
- ISO 8501 1-4 Preparation of steel substrates before application of paints and related products – Surface roughness characteristics – Steel substrates after abrasive cleaning.
- SS 2626 Thermal Spray Equipment – Requirements and tests.